Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dress Design- Birthday Gift

This is my gift to my friend on her birthday.
I was thinking of designing a dress for her. Her favourite color is pink , thought of designing something in pink.But she looks good in cream color( according to her hubby ). At one moment thought of designing something in blue. Then finally decided to design in combination of cream and pink.
The cloth selected is cotton silk , cream color for the top and pink for the bottom. Before designing thought several times on the color and cloth. Because she likes simple designs, I had to be very careful selecting the cloth. I selected cotton silk, since that is not flashy and still looks elegant.


Then selected , a pink cloth for yoke and the design. Attached a heart shaped yoke and the border at the bottom with a very thin lace in gold color along the border and yoke.While selecting kundan also I was very careful. Since she likes simple designs, I didn't  go for big kumdans. Attached very small kumdans in self color and antique gold  color. Printed paisley designs on the border and in centre. Thought of going for small motifs all over the body, but dropped the idea again, thinking she might not like too many motifs. Similarly designed the sleeves .

Duppata selection was easy, as I had decided to go for crushed one.
In my opinion, any dress will be incomplete without the accessories. So giving her a set of bangles in pink, cream and
dull gold combination, which  perfectly matches the dress.

 


Birthday wish without a card!!! Not possible. So made a card using quilling.

With this small gift, wishing my Friend A Very Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Google analytics