Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dress with Embroidered yoke

Few months back,I had bought a yoke which has, Gujarati embroidery on it. It was lying in my stash waiting for its turn:-) . I was searching for right cloth for the elegant yoke. At last got a Batik cloth. Made it the salwar top attaching the the embroidered yoke.
 






The Golden Yellow is prominent so matched with Golden Yellow Salwar.Searched for Golden Yellow colored Batik cloth, for salwar. But could not get :-(
And matched with a Bandini Duppatta.
 I like Gujarati Embroidery, its colorful. Especially I like the Shisha  embroidery (mirror work). That reminds me, I had designed a saree with mirror work,( 15 years ago). I don't have the saree now :-(.
Now again getting back to hand embroidery. So soon I will try mirror work also.

 So wait for the post,
Until then,

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana


14 comments:

  1. Wow.. this was so beautiful. Very nicely done. Looking forward to your mirror work one as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks nice...:-)
    waiting for your hand embroidery creations.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, lovely colors. I am not qualified to comment on the embroidery, but it made my wife look twice, so I am sure it is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful work..Nice blog..I'm following..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stuff there.. I am planning to do some kundan work on a so not good looking salwar kameez of mine. It's been shelved for months now. Your blog has got me inspired now.. Looking forward for the mirror work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice creation. Simple and love that yellow.
    Glad to have found you at Indiblogger. Your newest follower and a regular visitor now.
    Cheers,
    Kajal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for your appreciation and motivation.

    ReplyDelete

Google analytics