Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Decoupage table- to make a table look new

This year I have worked on many decoupage projects. Decoupage table for my craft room, then a decoupage shelf for the same. I feel decoupage is a simple craft which gives great results. The object gets transformed to look new. The simple wooden basket is made to look antique with miniature painting, by using some papers and glue.

Decoupage table this time: 

My son, who was observing me working on decoupage was astonished to see the results. His table was looking old, so he got an idea to make it new by using decoupage.He told me to make it new with decoupage. His old table looks new now with floral design on it:
Ok , before decoupage, how was it looking? Here it is:

What a transformation using decoupage!!!  And it is simple too.
I always use fevicol for decoupage if the size of the object is big. Here also I used paper with floral prints and fevicol. Made broad strips of the paper and glued it with fevicol.
Then applies glue on top of it also to give a shiny look.
 My son is very happy with the look now, though he wanted animal print paper for it. I could not get animal prints paper, at that moment.

Now  I have few decoupage papers with animal prints, planning to make some more projects using those.

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant recreated stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ranjana.I too have same printed paper thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks so neat. But I have a doubt. If we apply Fevicol as top coat is it water resistant? I would like to know, as I am planning to try Decoupage taking inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete

Google analytics