Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Work In Progress On Wednesday - Kutchwork on a Kurta

My work in progress series is stepping to third week. I started this with the post of Dress design .
This week sharing about the Kutchwork on a Kurta. I have shared How to trace design on stitched Kurta in my previous post. On the same Kurta I am starting to embroider Kutch work design.
Here is the Kurta with design traced on it:
Kutch on Kurta
The design traced

There are some mistakes, I can correct those as it is a geometrical design. The Kurta is in wine color, choosing between pink and light purple for the embroidery. Normally Kutch work looks good with bright color, hope this color look good because of the combination.
Kutch on Kurta
The threads selected- Which is better?





























The last week's Work in Progress- Kerala Mural on Bamboo , is done.
Last week's work:
Kerala Mural on Bamboo
Kerala Mural on Bamboo

Here is the completed work:
Kerala Mural on Bamboo
Kerala Mural on Bamboo

A closer view:

Kerala Mural on Bamboo
Closer view of Kerala Mural on bamboo

I have completed a Kerala Mural on canvas too. Will share in the coming post.

Until then,
Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

22 comments:

  1. Mural work looks neat and perfect. If I trace the design on a stitched dress I used to trace it segment by segment. Yes we can correct the design while stitching in kutch work. Looking forward for the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the mural on Bamboo is fantastic. I love the kurtha colour and the thread colours. looking forward to see the progress on this project.
    Chitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked the last two posts you've mentioned here. But this Kerala Mural beats everything. It's so-so pretty. Also, I love the dark color combination you have opted for embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mural work, Ranjana:) love the vibrant colors, great job!
    Looking forward to your Kutch work. I have earlier done Kutch work on a bedsheet but I mostly rely on my hand drawing because tracing has always been an annoying task for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done mural work Ranjana. Feeling eager to see your kutch work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing, very nicely done...the details are noteworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kerala mural has come out very well, Ranjana. Great work!! How many strands of the thread are you using for Kutch work? Wouldn't cotton threads be easier to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Deepa, I will use cotton thread for this kutchwork. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. The mural looks fabulous! I love the intricacy with which it is done, also the thread work looks lovely, I like the color pink for the thread.

    ReplyDelete

Google analytics